Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chapter 64

Hanukkah ended and the concert was pretty much all locked in.  The order of which all of the other acts would go on was set.  Bloody Rose would kick things off because they were the new kids on the block.  Wrought Iron would follow, then Crosshairs.  Each of them would take an hour on stage.  Demonatrix, Halestorm, and Five Finger Death Punch would follow for an hour as well.  Then, would come the first of the headliners- Reckless Disregard.  they would kick the crowd's ass for two straight hours and would feature M. Shadows and Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold for two or three songs.  Then, the men the show was for, the men of the hour.  Disturbed would take the stage for three whole hours.  It would be a night to remember.  They would be joined on stage by Jordan and Matt at different times during the show.  After they closed the show, their retirement would be official.    The day long event would kick off at 11:00am CST and would end at 10:00pm CST.  Now, they had to figure out the three hour set list.

One afternoon after David got off of the phone with the guys discussing the set list for the show, Jordan knocked on her father's office door.  "Daddy!  Lemme in!!" she said as she pounded on the door.

David sighed and got off up from his desk where he was checking his email and taking care of other business that needed to be handled before the concert.  He unlocked the door and walked back to his desk.  "Come on in, Jordan", he said as he sat back down at his desk.

Jordan walked in the door and shut it behind her.  "Daddy, I had the most kick ass idea in the world and I wanted to see what you thought", she said with a grin.

He was reading something on his computer screen and glanced at his oldest daughter out of the corner of his eye.  "Jordan, as much as I love you, my darling daughter, I don't the rest of my life you know.  What was the idea?"

"You, me, and our songs supporting the West Memphis Three with them as the guests of honor.  What do you think?"

He turned his full attention to the child sitting in his office.  "Jordan Hannah Draiman, you have lost your mind.  Not only do I say NO, but I say hell no."

"But, why?"

"Jordan, as much as performing 'Three' and 'Imprisoned' with you, having the guys there is next to impossible unless you know a voodoo priest or priestess that can raise them from the dead.  They've all passed from this life in the past few years."

"Oh.  I thought they just faded into obscurity once they were freed."

"They tried to, but a case so infamous would never allow it.  The managed to live quiet lives after they were released because they got the hell out of Arkansas, but they all passed away within the last five years.  I think the last one passed close to the end of last year."

"Which one?"

He looked it up online.  "I believe it was Jessie Misskelley.  He was the youngest of them if I remember correctly."  He found a page with correct information.  "No, Jason Baldwin was the youngest.  But, it was Misskelley that recently passed away.  It sucks, but such is life."

"Well, damn", she said with a sigh.  "I was hoping that we could have them at the concert.  could we do those songs in their honor, maybe?"

"You can do whatever you want to for your set, Jordan, but I'm not performing 'Three'.  It's a great song, but I'm not doing it."

"What if I go to Uncle Danny, Uncle Mikey, and Uncle John about it?"

"I have final veto over any and all songs on that set list because I'm the one that has to sing them."

"Well damn", she sighed.

"Jordan, how about this?  I'll think about it."

"Just so you can say no."

"No.  You're just saying that to appease me."

"When have I ever lied to you about something like this?"

She thought about for a moment.  "Never."

"Then shouldn't you trust me now?"

---------------

January gave way to February.  Valentine's Day saw David and Brie finally getting a chance to get out of the house in town without grandchildren pestering them and asking them where they were going.  It also saw the members of the family that weren't married watching the children of those that were married.  Jeremiah and Jona stayed home as well because Jona was too far along to travel too far from the house.  Jeremiah didn't want to risk his wife going into labor while they were in a restaurant away from the house and having to interrupt not only their date but his parents' date as well.  And, her parents were back home in Arizona.  He wanted her to have the delivery she wanted.

As they sat in the living room and watched the kids, James and Jeremiah talked as Jona napped and Marc had a short Valentine's Day with his girlfriend.  "How are you liking fatherhood, Jay?" Jeremiah asked.

"It's fun, actually.  A little stressful at times because there are some things that I can't do on my own, but all in all, it's not so bad being a single dad", James responded with a smile.  "I do wonder at times how Mom did it with the ten of us while Dad was recording or touring, though.  I'm having a hard time with three.  I can't imagine doing it alone with ten."

"Mom's a saint, that's how", Jeremiah laughed.

"No kidding", James laughed as well.  Once the laughter died down, they exchanged a look.  "You having the expectant daddy jitters yet?"

"No, I'm not to be honest.  I've been expecting this baby for over a year now.  The fact that god saw fit to wait until Jona and I were married to let her get pregnant was a fluke I swear, but I'm grateful nonetheless.  I love my wife and I love the idea of having children with her, but I prayed that God would wait until I had a wedding ring on her finger to allow us to do so."

"What is she having?  Do you know?"

Jeremiah sighed.  "You know that a select few of us have been gifted with Mom's dreams, right?"

"Yeah.  Jake, Maddie, you, and Jessi.  What does that have to do with anything?"

"Jay, the night I asked Jona to marry me, I had a visit from Grandfather."

"Grandfather Cartwright?"

"Yes.  I'm going to be the unfortunate soul to pass this gift on to all of my kids.  It doesn't matter how many I have, all of my children will have this damn gift of sight.  Thanksgiving the year before last I saw the first of my children.  A little boy.  During that dream I was visited not only by Grandfather but Uncle Matt as well.  You're not going to be the only Matthew in the family anymore as of next month."

"Oh?  And why is that?"

"Jona and I are naming our son Matthew Ryan Draiman."

"Ah.  I see.  Mom and Dad can't call me 'Matthew' anymore like they can't call Jordan 'Hannah' anymore because of little Miss Nicole over here", he said with a grin as he looked at his five month old daughter, then to her twin.

"Sometimes I can't tell them apart."

"It's not that hard, 'Miah.  Josie's hair is a little more curly then Hannah's and Hannah has a dimple in her chin like you know who did."

"Whatever happened to her, anyway?"

"She was transferred to county to await trial and.." James pulled a hand across his throat like he was tightening a rope.

"Herself or did someone do it for her?"

"She did it herself.  No one knows why, but I have a theory.  I'm not sharing it, but I have one."
  His eyes shot to Hunter.


"I don't want to know what the theory is.  I think I know what it is anyway."

---------------

"And this is why I shouldn't drink", Brie slurred when she came into the house with her husband's support.

David was trying not to laugh.  "I can see that.  I see why you rarely ever drank here at the house.  you are a light weight."

"Laugh if you want to, baby.  You know it's not gonna hurt my feelings.  I know it's funny."  She leaned into him and started kissing his neck.  The action caused her to lean heavily against him.

He shivered.  "Can you wait until we get upstairs to do that please?"  She may have been light, but supporting her while she was drunk was an interesting task.  She wasn't really helping by trying to walk, she was leaning totally against him for support, and she wouldn't stop trying to undress him as he walked them toward the stairs. 

When she bite at his neck, he stopped and pressed her into a wall.  "Oooh, baby!  You gonna take me right here on the stairs?"  She leaned in and nipped at his ear.

"Hannah Brielle Draiman, do I have to throw you over my shoulder to get you up the stairs?" he said.  He was still fighting not to laugh and losing.

"You do that, and I might hurl all over your nice suit. Believe me, that wouldn't be a pretty sight."

"Maybe I should have one of the boys help me get you up the stairs."

"Maybe you should just take me up the stairs and fuck me", she slurred.

"You gonna behave yourself until we get up to the room?"

She shook her head.  "Nope.  And that's honest."

He put his head on her shoulder and laughed.  "At least you were honest."  He sighed.  "Wrap your arms around my neck."  She did and leaned in to kiss him.  He turned his face and gave her his cheek.  "Can I at least pick you up before you try to assault my mouth?" he laughed.

She pouted.  "But baby", she slurred, "I want you NOW!"

"You, my love, are never drinking again.  You're drunk."  He swept her legs from under her to pick her up and started moving up the stairs.

"No I'm not.  I'm juss a lil tipsy."

He laughed and kicked the door to their room open gently.  "You're just a little tipsy and I'm the King of England."

She traced the outside of his ear with her tongue  "Well, you're majesty, what say you to a little tryst behind the queen's back?"

"It can't be behind the queen's back when you're my queen, love."

She sighed as he set her on their bed.  "Damn it, David, you're supposed to play along."

He had dropped to his knees and had been removing the heels from her feet when he started laughing uncontrollably.  "Oh, my God.  Remind me why I let you drink 3/4 of that bottle of Merlot tonight?"

"Because you wanted to see what I was like roasted and toasted."

He stood and sat on the bed next to her.  "When was the last time you were drunk?"

She'd started kissing and nibbling on his neck as she thought about it. "College", she whispered against his neck.

He sucked in a breath.  "So, were you this silly afterward?"

"Nope", she said and licked his neck.  "But it was the first time I was with a woman."

"Oh?  Do I want to know?"

"If it will get your motor running, I'll tell you."  Her voice was husky and sultry as she whispered in his ear.

He couldn't resist anymore.  The sound of her voice with the tone she took was too damn much.  She'd been tormenting him the entire ride home in the limo and the entire time he tried to get her up the stairs. He turned his head and brushed his lips against hers as she moved to straddle his waist.

She moaned against his lips as she worked him up.  When she felt him all him ready she pushed him back against the bed and slid out of his lap, undid his slacks, and truly kicked the night off.  The last thing he could thing was, 'Maybe I should get her drunk more often.'

--------------

They made love all night and well into the early morning hours.  "I'm not getting up to make breakfast", Brie laughed.

"I don't blame you", David said as he tightened his hold around her shoulders.  "You were fucked up last night, though, baby."

She laughed as she settled in to the strength of his chest.  "I know.  I was drunk."

"But OH MY FUCKING GOD! Last night was fucking amazing.  You blew my mind."

"It's what I do."

"Are you still inebriated?"

"Nope.  Been sober since the first time I came."

"So, most of that was all you?"  She nodded.  "Maybe I should..." he started.

"Get me drunk more often?"  She ended the statement in a question.

"Yeah."

"Honey, I'm a diabetic.  My pancreas is already fucked up.  We don't need to add my liver to that as well", she laughed.

"I know.  It was a thought though."

"Baby, you don't have to get me drunk for me to blow your mind.  But, what has me surprised is the fact that you just LET me have my way.  We usually fight for dominance."

"Maybe I felt like just letting you run the show last night?"

She laughed.  "Hey, if that's what you wanted, then I was happy to give it to you,"  She stretched up and pressed a kiss to his lips.

He brought a hand up and laced his fingers in her hair.  "Can I return the favor?" he whispered against her lips.

"Is it going to be an all day affair?"

"It can be.  We'll only stop so that we can get a quick bite to eat or something to drink.  We won't really leave the room until tomorrow morning."

"Unless Jona goes into labor early, then we have to."

"That and the end of the world will be the only things to drag us out of bed.  Agreed?"

"Agreed", she said right before he captured her lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment