Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chapter 50

It took a couple of weeks to get into a routine, no matter how stressful everything was.  The day that Kim was served with her court papers, she flipped.  She attacked James as she shrieked.  "YOU SON OF A BITCH!  YOU CAN'T TAKE MY SON FROM ME!  I'LL KILL YOU, JAMES!!"

When David and Brie heard the commotion they took off from the weight room where they were working out.  The moment they were in the living room, Brie tackled Kim to the floor and fought to restrain her as David checked on James.  "David, I need something to restrain her hands with, please.  The little bitch is trying to claw me."

David handed her the handcuffs that they kept stashed in the end table in the living room.  "Here you are, love."  He looked back to James.  "What happened?"

"She got her papers went fucking bonkers. And, Mom, though I thank you for the help, she is pregnant with twins."

"Well, after she assulted you, she's not staying here.  Call for the police and an ambulance.  They can take her to the hospital to check her out then get he the hell out of here.  She doesn't put her hands on you and get to stay here after the shit she's been pulling.  She's only been getting worse.  It's time for her to go."

"I agree, Mom.  I don't want her here anymore either.  As a matter of fact, when she's arreigned, I'm going to ask for a restraining order.  The only acception will be when she goes into labor with the twins."

"You want to be there for the births of your children.  I understand that.  But, she doesn't need to be here anymore.  She can't control herself so she needs to leave."

Kim spat in Brie's face.  "Fuck you!"

Brie grabbed Kim under the chin and made her look her in the eyes.  "Listen to me very carefully, Kimberly.  You may be pregnant, but I'll be damned if you spit in my face again.  Trust me, you don't want to know what happens if you do that again."

"Jay- jay, tell your fucking mother to get off of me", Kim ordered.

"Am I your bitch all of the sudden?" James asked in confusion.  "Last time I checked you were trying to kill be bacause of what's in those papers you just got."

"I'm willing to take you back if you tell your mother to back the hell off."

"Don't you get it, Kim?  I don't want you back.  I want you out of my life as well as Hunter's and those of our unborn daughters as soon as their born.  You need to be locked away somewhere that you can't hurt anyone or yourself.  Once you get the help you need, then I'll let you see the kids.  Until you can grow the fuck up, you need to go somewhere far the fuck away from me.  You need to be locked in an asylum.  You're fucking crazy."

"James, rather than standing here and arguing with her, why don't we call the police, please?" his mother insisted.

James pulled his phone from his pocket and called for assistance as he paced.  He hated to do it to her, but he knew it had to be done.  She had become too much of a danger to continue to be near him or Hunter.  He wanted her to get the help she needed.  She wasn't going to get that help stuck in his parents house.  He knew it; his parents knew it.  All he needed now was for her to figure it out and everything would be fine.

---------------

Meanwhile, Jona was lying upstairs in her and Jeremiah's room.  She'd been feeling off and took the day off of work so that she could get back to feeling like herself.  The last time she got up, she vomitted and that was all the motivation she needed to get a pregnancy test.  She called Delilah before she laid down in the bed again.  "Delilah, can you do me a huge favor on your way home this afternoon?"

"Yeah sure, Jona.  What's up?" Delilah asked.

"I've been feeling so weird, and 'Miah's not here.  He's at work.  I feel so sick.  Delilah, what's going on with me?"  She was on the verge of freaking out.

"You're probably pregnant, Jona.  Would you like me to pick up a pregnancy test for you on my way home for lunch?"

Jona sniffled.  "If you don't mind, please, Delilah.  I'm really freaking out here."

"Being pregnant is nothing to freak out about, Jona.  It's natural."  Jona let out a silent sob and Delilah felt like shit.  "Jona, honey, I'm sorry.  I forgot how you are.  I'll make a deal with you.  I'll hold your hand while you wait for the stick to change colors and if it's positive, we'll call 'Miah together.  Ok?"

Jona nodded and and took a deep breath.  "Ok, Lilah.  Thank you."

"You're family, Jona.  It comes with the territory.  I'll see you soon."

"Ok, Delilah.  Again, thank you."

"No problem.  Try to eat something and I'll be there soon, ok?  I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Ok.  See you in a few, Delilah." 

When they hung up, Jona slowly got to her feet and headed down the kitchen to get some yogart to  eat and was intercepted by her father in law.  "Jona, what do you need, hon?" he asked.

"I was just coming down to get some yogart from the fridge.  Is everything okay down here?"

"Yes, dear.  I'll grab your yogart and bring it to you.  The fewer people down here the better right now.  Kim was served today and went ballistic.  There are paramedics and the sheriffs deputies here to take care of it."

"Oh.  Well, I'll wait here so that I don't get in the way."

"Thank you, Jona.  I'll be right back with that yogart."  He walked away and went for the kitchen.  Once he grabbed the  food and a spoon, he took it back to his daughter in law.  "Here you are, Jona.  Your husband owes me big for this", he said with a sad laugh.

"I'll be sure to let him know, David", she laughed back as she took the yogart and spoon from his hands and went back up the stairs to relax and try to get rest until Delilah arrived with her test.  As she sat in her and 'Miah's bed and watched a movie, her phone rang on the bedside table.  She reached over and picked it up.  "Hello?"

"Hey, Jona.  It's Daddy.  How are you feeling today sweetie?" her father's voice said on the other end of the line.

"Not so hot.  Been feeling weird since right around the wedding."
 
"Ah.  I'm sorry to hear that.  How are things going up there?  Has Kim decided to act like she's not crazy?"

"Nope.  Apparently she was served with the custody papers today and she went bonkers.  I just went down to get something to eat to try to settle my stomach and bring up my sugar at the same time and was asked by David to stay on the stairs because there were police and paramedics here."

"Wow.  I wonder who the paramedics were there for?"

"Well, from what I understand about Kim, she probably assulted James.  And from what I understand of my inlaws,. Brie probably tackled her to get her off of James.  The paramedics are probably here for both James and Kim."

"Do you think James is going to press charges?"

"If no him,. then I'm sure that his parents will."

"Is there anything else going on?"

"Other than not really feeling well and Jake and Delilah are trying to have another baby, no not really.  Why?"

"Oh. no reason.  I'm just making sure that you're ok, baby.  Can't I be worried  about my baby girl every now and then, even though you're married?"

She smiled softly.  "I guess so, Daddy.  You're such a worry wort."

"I know.  Well, keep me informed on that it is that's making you not feel well, ok?"

"I will, Daddy.  You really worry too much."

"There's no such thing as worrying too much when you're a parent."

She giggled.  "If you say so, Daddy."

"I say so, sweetie.  Well, I'm going to let you go for now, ok.  Let me know what's making you so sick, ok?"

"I will, Daddy.  I love you."

"Love you too, sweetie.  Bye now."

"Bye, Daddy."  When she hung up the phone, she wondered what he father was going on about and started to panic even more.  She was already trying to keep her shit together because she was feeling sick, and little did anyone know, but she was late by about two or three weeks.  She was supposed to start her cycle a few days after the wedding.  She was silently freaking out everytime she thought about it.  Only when she saw the results of the pregnanct test would she allow herself hysterics.

---------------

After the mess with Kim had been settled, James sat in his room with his adopted son and explained what was going in with Mommy.  "Hunter, Mommy's going away for a while.  She's not going to be here for your birthday."

The reaction James got from his son was a shock.  "Thank goodness", he said with a sigh of relief.  "I'm tired of Mommy acting crazy.  I was scared she was going to hurt me really, really bad and that you wouldn't be able to stop her."

James looked at the little boy in confusion.  "What do you mean, Hunter?"

"Daddy, Mommy has always been crazy.  She didn't always hit me like she did here, but she would do things like make me go without dinner, or make me sit around in dirty pull up if I made her mad.  Her slapping me around is a recent change."

"How recent, Hunter?"

"The night I met you.  She said that she smelled money and that she didn't want to lose a chance to get with you."  He nodded very matter of factly.

"Hunter Shane, why is this the first I'm hearing of this?"

"Because Mommy told me that if I told you that she would send me away never to be seen again.  She said she'd give me to the boogeyman and that he would do really bad things to me."  He looked up at his Daddy with fear in his eyes.  "Am I in trouble, Daddy?"

James smiled softly at the little boy and put him in his lap.  "No, Hunter. you're not in trouble.  You did what you had to do to stay out of trouble.  But, from now on, son, you have to tell me things like this.  Ok?"

Hunter nodded.  "Yes, sir, Daddy."

"Is there anything else I need to know about all of this?"

"Nope.  Not that I can think of.  Can I go play with my cousins?"

"Go on, go play with Miri, Levi, and Ira."

"I heard Uncle Marc say that Uncle 'Chai was going to bring Isaiah, Elijah, and Miranda here too."

"I'm not surprised, son.  Tonight is family dinner night.  Gramma and Grampa expect everyone to be here.  Now, go play before I tickle you 'til you pee your pants."

"You can't catch me, Daddy!"  Hunter took off running for the door.

"Hunter, I'm not chasing you right now.  Be careful on the stairs and I'll see you in a little bit.  I need to make a phone call.  Ok?"

Hunter nodded.  "Yes, Daddy."  Hunter turned to leave, the ran back into the room and threw his arms around James' neck.  "I love you, Daddy."

James smiled.  "I love you, too, Hunter. Now, go play with cousins and I'll see you in a little bit."  After Hunter left the room, James called Abe's office.  "Abe, this is James Draiman, Kim was served with her papers today and went insane.  We pressed charges, and I need to know when her arraignment is so that I can be there to speak to the judge.  If you could find out for me because the Deputies neglected to tell me when that was happening, I would greatly appreciate it.  I look forward to your call.  Thank you, and good bye."  He sighed and laid back on his bed.  I can't believe this is going the way it is, but I'm actually glad that it's going this way, he thought.  He was tired, but glad that he had his son and that the boy was safe.  That's what mattered.

---------------

Jeremiah ran up the stairs to his and his wife's room to see what she was crying about when his sister in law called him at work.  Delilah refused to say what the problem was, but he knew that his wife was hysterical about something and he wanted, needed to know what the problem was.  When he walked into the room, he saw that his wife was alone and went to sit on the bed next to her.  "Jona, baby, what's the matter?"

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.  "I'm scared, 'Miah." she sobbed.

"About what, baby girl?"

"I'm pregnant, Jeremiah", she cried hysterically.  She laid her head on his thigh as she sobbed.  "What are we going to do?"

He rubbed her back after brushing her hair from her face.  "We're going to take it one day at a time and I'm going to be there for you every step of the way.  I'm sure that if we ask my Mom to deliver that she will.  I know how you hate hospitals.  I'll pick up where you can't.  It's part of the job as your husband.  Now, why are you freaking out so bad?"

"First Delilah said that she thought I was pregnant, then my Dad called after I went down to get some yogurt.  He asked how everthing with Kim was going and that was all pretty straight forward, then he got cryptic on me.  I started freaking out even worse.  Once I saw the results of the pregnancy test I turned hysterical."

"Sweetie, you know that I'm going to be your strength when you're feeling weak.  That's my job.  Now, why don't we call your parent back and let them know what's going on, then we can break the news to my family over dinner?  How does that sound?"

"I'm not ready yet.  I just want you to hold me, 'Miah.  Please?"

He smiled softly as he kicked his shoes off.  "Ok, baby.  I'll lay here and hold you for a while.  We'll call whomever you want to then you're ready." 

She scooted back on to the bed and let him lay down with her so that he could do what she asked him to do.  Once he was settled, she asked, "Who taught you to be so supportive?"

"The old bald guy whose office is just down the hall.  He was this way with my mother all the time and still is.  When she had her back surgery, he didn't leave the hospital the entire time she was admitted.  I'm just following the example I saw when I was a kid."  He kissed her forehead.  "Just relax, baby, and get your wits together."  As they laid in their bed, 'Miah couldn't help but wonder if his father in law had had a vision and that's why he called and accidentally sent Jona into hysterics.  He wasn't angry.  Shit happened.  He just wanted to know what his father in law saw because something told him that's what prompted the call.  He'd have to call and ask later while Jona was asleep so that he didn't startle his sweet angelic Jona. 

No comments:

Post a Comment