Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chapter 5

David and Brie went to Tel Aviv as planned.  The day they arrived they went directly to the beach after changing into their swimsuits.  They were going to meet a good friend of David’s that was going to take them out so that they could go diving.  As they waited on his friend, David made sure that they had wet suits that fit.  After finding a suit in her size, Brie stepped into the fitting room to try it on.  When she stepped out, she whistled at David to get his attention.  He turned and his jaw hit the floor.  “OH MY GOD!” he said in disbelief.  “You look so fucking sexy in that.”  The black suit hugged her every curve and zipped in the front.  Her silvering curls hung down around her shoulders.

She smiled.  “You haven’t even seen me from the back yet”, she teased.

“Then let big daddy see that rear view”, he laughed.

She turned around slowly, taking her dear sweet time.  She looked over her shoulder to see his face.  “So, what do you think, Big Daddy?”

He coughed a few times and started pounding on his chest as though his heart had stopped.  “MERCY!” he shouted the started going on in Hebrew about the way she looked.

She laughed and responded in the same tongue.  Once he was done she started back into the changing room.  “This is the one I want.  I like your reaction to me in it.”  She walked into the changing room and took the suit off and put her shorts and tank top back on.  She came back with the suit on the hanger.  “You always do that, David.  I would have thought that you’d have gotten used to this in the damn near thirty years we’ve been together”, she laughed then stretched up the press a kiss to his cheek.

“When I think I’ve been desensitized to it, you do something like that.  You put on something that hugs your body just right and I can’t breathe anymore and my heart stops”, he chuckled.  He found a suit that would fit him and they went to pay for them; then went down to the dock to meet his friend.

---------------

As the boat skipped across the water they sat toward the back and held each other.  She sat with her head on his shoulder and her arms wrapped around him.  She smiled and soaked up the Vitamin D.  With the smell of salt water in the air, the sun beating down in her skin, and the man she loved sitting on the boat next to her, she was at peace.  There was nothing on the planet that was going to take her happiness away from her.

David looked down at the woman whose head was on his shoulder.  He couldn’t help but notice the smile on her face.  “What are you thinking?” he asked over the sound of the engine.

“I’m just happy”, she said back.  “I’ve got you and I don’t have to worry about anything else.  I’m free to travel with you and be with you.  I don’t have to stay at home with the kids anymore because they’re all adults.”

“I’m happy that you’re so happy”, he said and kissed her forehead.

“About where did you wanna go down?” the captain of the boat called to David.

“Anywhere is fine, Joe.”

The boat slowed and the captain dropped anchor.  “You two wanna get suited up and I’ll help you with your tanks?”

Brie smiled.  “Sounds good, Joe.”

“I don’t remember catching your name”, Joe said.

“Brie.  I’m David’s wife of twenty nine years.”

“Oh.  Please to meet you.”

She smiled and shook his hand.  “Charmed.  Now, I’m going to get ready to go down and see the wildlife.”  She unzipped the suit and started pulling it on over her bikini.  At 62, she still looked amazing in a two piece swim suit and she knew it.  She made sure that her husband knew that she knew it.  When she bent over to pull the suit up over her body, she turned so that he back was to him so that she flaunted her ass.  She made sure that it was perfectly in his view as she stood up straight to put it on over her arms and zip it up.  When she sat down to put her fins on her feet, she looked up at her husband and smiled at his slack jawed face.  “What are you staring at, David Michael?” she asked.

“You did that one purpose.”

“I did what on purpose?”

“You know the affect you have on me and you did that on purpose.”

She laughed on rolled your eyes.  “Are you sure you’re feeling well enough to dive, baby?”

He laughed and finished putting in his suit.  “You’re evil, Hannah Brielle.  I just wanted to point that out.   Now, can you help me zip this damn thing?”

She stood and zipped his suit, then sat back down to finish putting her fins on.  “I’m not evil, David.  I just know what buttons to push and how to get your attention.  Now, evil would be knowing all of this and NOT acting on what I know I caused.”

“And how do you plan on acting on what you know you’ve caused?”

“You’ll find out when we get back to the hotel room.”  She said as she watched him put his fins on.

“Ok, beautiful”, he said after he finished with his fins.  “Please be sure to stay close to me while we’re down there.”

“I had planned on it.  I don’t have near the experience you do at this.  I’ve been down maybe twice other than my certification test.”

He smiled at her.  “I can’t wait to take you down there.  It’s a whole new world.”

“I can’t wait to see it, so why don’t we get our tanks and masks on and we can head down.”

---------------

Brie had never seen anything like what she was seeing as she and David swam through the crystal blue waters and looked at all of the plants and wildlife.  They took as many pictures as they could.

“Oh, my GOD, David, it’s so beautiful down here”, she said over the intercom.

“I told you.  Next time we’re out this way, we can dive in the Red Sea.”  He checked his watch.  “Baby, we need to get back up to the boat.  We’re running out of oxygen.”

“Damn.  I wish we had more time and more tanks.  I could stay down here for hours.”

“So could I, but we need to get up to the boat and head back to the mainland.”

“Ok.  Let’s go back up so we can go back to the mainland.  I think I need to eat anyway.”

He reached through the water for her hand as she gave it to him.  They went up to the surface of the water hand in hand, breaking the surface of the water at the same time.  They removed the regulators from their mouths and raised the dive masks.

“So, what did you think, Brie?” Captain Joe asked.

“It was wonderful.  Just beautiful down there.”

“Well, come on back up here and you and David can get back to land.  I’m sure you two are hungry by now.  You’ve been down there for a couple of hours.”

Brie carefully ascended the ladder, followed by David.  He helped her take her tank off then she did the same thing.  They peeled off the tops of their suits and put their life jackets before taking a seat and getting comfortable.  She laid her head on his shoulder again.  “Thank you, baby.  I had so much fun.”

“You’re welcome, love.  It was my pleasure.”

---------------

When they walked into the hotel lobby they were laughing and joking until David saw a reporter sitting on the couch to the side.  “Fuck, was that today?” he asked himself out loud.

“What’s wrong, baby?”

“Remember that interview I told you that I was going to do while we were out here?”

“Yes.”

“I forgot about it being today.”

“Ok, so we’ll go over there for the interview.  It’s not that big of a deal, honey.”

WEWE’LL go over there for the interview?  You never do interviews with me.”

“Well, I’m going to do this one with you.  I understand your shock, but there’s really no need to be so shocked.  I have done an interview with you before.  Remember the night I got shot?”

“The first evac, yeah.  That’s right.”

“So, come on, and let’s do this.”

“And if he asks you questions?”

“I’ll answer them.”

David wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close as he led them over to the couch.  “I’m so sorry I forgot about you”, he said to the young man.

“It’s understandable.  If you hadn’t shown for another twenty minutes I was just going to leave”, the young reporter said.

Once they were seated, David introduced Brie and the interview began.  The young man introduced himself as Malachi.  David and Brie couldn’t help but smile.  “What?” the young man asked.

“Oh, nothing”, they said together.  “That’s our oldest son’s name, except that his is spelled M-A-L-A-C-H-A-I.  I couldn’t think of the traditional spelling when I names him”, Brie continued.

“That’s pretty cool.  Now, what brings the Mr. and Mrs. David Draiman to Tel Aviv?” he asked.

“We just returned from going diving”, David said simply.

“Ooh, diving, that sounds exciting.  David, is that why you’re not wearing your signature double labret piercings?”

“Well, that  and the fact that I’m supposed to be off while I’m here.  This is the only vacation that my wife and I have been able to take in the nearly thirty years we’ve been together.”

“Wow.  That’s a long time.  What would you two say is the key to having a long and happy relationship like yours?”

“Just know each other and support each other unconditionally”, Brie said with a smile.  “Loving each other also helps with all of that.  This man has been there for me through thick and thin; the rough spots and the smooth ones.”

“Would you either of you be willing to elaborate?”

“Well”, Brie said quietly, then let her voice get stronger.  “I just had back surgery a couple of years ago.  I have a condition from my father that my spine is trying to fuse together.  I was in excruciating pain.  He didn’t leave me while I was suffering, or while I was recovering.  He even sat in the hospital with me after the surgery.  Our son, Jacob, was in the OR suite making sure that they didn’t fuck me up.”

“That had to be terrifying.”

“Oh, it was”, David said.  “The first couple of nights she was in the hospital after the surgery, I barely slept.  I was too worried about her.”

“I told him that he worried too much”, Brie said with a smile before stretching up to place a kiss in his cheek.

“Everything is ok now?”

“For the most part.  I have to go in every so often to get checked, but so far so good”, Brie said with a smile.

“Now, I can’t help but wonder, Mrs. Draiman; are you the same Brie Draiman that they’ve called the Rock Star of Massage?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Nice.  My wife went into massage over here because of you.”

“Nice, I’m flattered.”

“So, on to the topic of your children.  How many do you have again?”

“Ten”, they said in unison.

“And how many grandchildren?”

“Nearly that, I know”, Brie said softly.

“Let’s see; Isaiah, Miranda, Elijah, Miriam, Ira, Levi, and now Hunter.  Maddie’s got one on the way in a couple of months, and we’ve still get six children to get married”, David chuckled at the end.

“Wow.  You family photographs must be a lot of fun.”

“Oh, just getting everyone together to take the picture is difficult.  Getting everyone to sit down so that it can be taken is a WHOLE other story.”

“Woo.”  The young journalist looked amazed. “So, David, are we to expect another Disturbed record?”

“I’m going to have to get with the rest of the guys about that.  I honestly can’t say for sure.  I know that the rest of the guys also have ever expanding families because their kids are having families of their own.  It just depends on when we have the time to get back into the studio.”

“So what’s in store for the Draiman family?”

Brie smiled brightly.  “There are all kinds of surprises in store for us.  No one knows what the future holds, but, as long as we’re going through it together, we can get through it.  There’s nothing in this world that we can’t conquer together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment