Monday, February 28, 2011

Chapter 10


As they all sat and talked, Brie let out her secret about her dreams.  She told the story about when she was pregnant with Jacob and Jordan and was dreaming of David getting shot.  “In the dreams, I was about as far along as Maddie is now.  They were in the middle of the encore when a shot rang out and David fell to the stage.  After that, it was utter chaos.  I pushed my way through the crowd to get to him as he lay dying on that stage.  I held him in my arms and pleaded with him not to leave me as he bled to death”, she said as a lump formed in her throat.  “We fought for weeks because neither of us was sleeping.  He was having the Daddy- hood jitters and dreaming about having to choose between me and the baby- or as we know now, babies and if he wasn’t doing that, he was up with me because I would come out of those dreams screaming and crying.  Finally, the final night of the Uproar Festival, I told him.  He and the guys made some phone calls and found out that there was a threat against their lives.  Now, what I saw didn’t stop him from getting shot, but I still to this day swear that finally telling him what I was seeing saved his life.”

“I still wear the scar in my left arm, but it’s far better to have a scar then to not be here”, David added.

“Where at in your arm, Mr. Draiman?” Jona asked.

“Jona, please, call me David; and it’s through…” he looked at Brie.  “Which muscle did the bullet go through?”

“Deltoid.  The bullet went through his deltoid”, Brie said.

“Yikes!” Skyler said.  “That couldn’t have felt nice.”

“Oh, it didn’t.  What sucked even worse was Danny and Mikey pouring Everclear on the wound then taking a Zippo lighter and a spoon to it to cauterize it.  Nothing like letting your brothers pour liquor on an open wound then burn it to build that special bond of brotherhood”, David laughed.  “To this day, I still give them shit for that.”

“But at least you’re alive to do so.”

“If I weren’t the only children that would be here would be Malachai, Jordan, and Jacob.”

---------------

After everyone had gone to bed, Jona and Jeremiah lay and just held each other.  She couldn’t help but stare at the beautiful ring he’d just given her earlier that evening.  “Wow, ‘Miah, I can’t believe it.”

“What can’t you believe, baby girl?”

“That you asked me to marry you”, she said.  She looked up from where she lay with her head on his chest.   “The ring is so pretty.”

“A pretty ring for a pretty girl”, he said and leaned down to give her a gentle kiss.  The kisses started out small and soft, then grew to be more.  Jeremiah was the one to pull back.  “Jona, what are you doing?” he asked breathlessly.

“Don’t you want me, ‘Miah?”

His eyes nearly tripled in size.  “Of course I do, but are you sure this is what you want?”

“Yes, ‘Miah.  I want you to make love to me.  I trust you.  I want to be yours completely.”

“Let me know if I hurt you, ok.  That’s the last thing I want.  I’ll take my time and I’ll be so careful, but if anything hurts, you have to let me know right away, ok?”  His fingers ran through her hair as she nodded and he brought her face down to kiss her again.  The deeper the kiss got, the hard it was for him to continue lying on his back.  He rolled to carefully place her on her back as he pushed her gown up when his hand ran up her side and he pulled it off of her with that one hand.  He kissed down her neck to capture one of her perfect pink nipples on his mouth.  He rolled his tongue over it and sucked gently when she let out a soft moan.  He moved to the other once the first one was a taut peak.

Her breathing quickened as he kissed down her body, coming to rest between her legs. “Oh, ‘Miah”, she called softly.

“All you have to do is tell me to stop and I will.”

“No, please don’t.  Keep going.”

He lowered his mouth to her body and started to lick slowly and carefully.  The first thing he wanted was to let her experience what release was.  His tongue lathed slow circles over the delicate pearl between her legs as he watched and listened to how she reacted to what he was doing.  Her hands gripped the sheets as she sighed.  It was a beautiful sound.  She moved her hips with the rhythm of his tongue as it swirled over her most sensitive parts.  The more she moved her hips with him, the easier it made him pleasuring her, the closer he could feel her coming to reaching that peak, and the more she moaned for him.  When she reached that peak, he stayed long enough to clean up the mess, and kissed his way back up her body.  He kicked off his shorts and gently pressed his tip against her opening.  “All you have to do is tell me no.”

“’Miah, please stop talking and make love to me.”

He slowly slid himself into that narrow opening and watched her reaction.  Her eyes rolled back in the back of her head and her back arched.  When he reached the end of her, he rested on his elbows and found a slow and steady pace that she seemed to enjoy.  He could tell by her breathing and moaning that he couldn’t have been more perfect at what he was doing for her and with her.  He captured her lips as he felt her body clamp down on him.  I don’t know how many more of those I can make it through, but I guess we’ll find out.
It took several minutes but she did it one more time and he couldn’t do help himself.  She squeezed just right and he shot deep inside her.  Her arms slid around his neck as she clung to him and cried from the beauty of it.

--------------

Jeremiah made love to Jona all night long.  In between sessions, they’d cuddle and Jeremiah would tell the beautiful creature in his arms that she was the most wonderful thing to ever happen to him.  “You’re such a beautiful soul, Jona.  What did I ever do to deserve you?”

She giggled.  “Hey, that’s my line.”

He laughed and kissed her forehead.  “We can share it, can’t we?”

She smiled up at him.  “I don’t see why not.”  She took a deep breath and sighed.  “So, how do you think this visit from my parents went?  Do you think they’ll come back?”

“Oh, I’m sure they will.  Your Mom really seems like she enjoys playing with my nieces and nephews and they love the attention- especially Levi.”

“I know this is totally random, but if Jake and Delilah are ok with it, when Miri is older, I want to get her a Koi fish.  I got her all excited over them the other day and Delilah told her that she couldn’t have one until she was older.”

“I’m used to you being totally random and it’s one of the many, many things I love about you.  As for the fish, all I can tell you is to talk to my brother and his wife about that.  I’m sure they won’t object.”

“Do you think Ira will get jealous?”

“As my mother would say, I’m sure he’ll have the same pants to get glad in.”

She couldn’t help but laugh at that.  “Your mother is always full of little pearls of wisdom like that.  Where does she come up with them all?”

“I think it was her upbringing.  She was born and raised in Tennessee.”

“That makes a little bit of sense.”  She sighed.  “I think we have to take my parents back to the airport in the morning, baby.  Maybe we should get some sleep.”

He smiled and kissed her forehead.  “Then let’s get to sleep, beautiful.  It’s a long trip from here to Denver and we’ll need all the energy we can get.”

They settled into the bed and got a few hours of sleep.  The sun would be peaking over the horizon soon and they’d have to take her parent to the airport and say good- bye until the holiday season… or the wedding, whichever came first.  As he drifted off to sleep, Jeremiah thought, I’m going to see what it will take to pull together a wedding as soon as possible, but I want to see what she wants to do first.  The sooner she’s my wife, the happier I’ll be.  I don’t care if we have kids or not, as long as she’s my wife and we’re together.

---------------

It was dark and cold outside.  The smell of saltwater hung heavily in the air.  He was surrounded by fields of green, green grass and clovers.  He smelled barely in the air as well.  Saltwater, barely, rain, and clover in the air could only mean a visit from one person.  “Oh, GRANDFATHER!” he called out.

“BOO!” he heard from behind him.

He turned with an unamused look on his face.  “Not funny, Granddad.  What did you drag me to this cold dismal place for?”

“What? I can’t want to check on my grandson?” Mitchell Cartwright asked in a thick Irish accent.

“Really, Granddad?  The last time any of us saw you, you were telling Jake that he was supposed to name is son after an Uncle none of us knew about.  Can the crap, Grandfather.  You have a reason I’m here.”

“That I do, Grandson.  Jeremiah, I feel I must warn you that YOU will be the one of your siblings to pass on the gift.”

“WHY?”

“Because that’s the Divine plan, my grandson.  I wish I could give you more detail than that, but you will be the one to pass it on in its full capacity.  Each of your children will be gifted somehow.”

“Why tell me this, Grandfather?”

“Because you needed to know.  I can’t tell you why, Jeremiah, but you needed to know this.”

He sighed heavily.  “Granddad, this was kinda of a waste of my time and REM sleep.”

“I know, Jeremiah.  There’s nothing I can do about what’s going on, Grandson.”

“Then why warn me, Grandfather?”

“Because you needed to know so that you can help prepare that sweet angel in your arms.  She’s going to be a bit skittish having children as it is.  I’m sure not knowing that you’ve both passed something on to your children like this will freak her out.”

“So Maddie, Jake, and Jessi don’t need to worry?”

“Oh, they need to worry, but they don’t need to know.  You need the warning because it will be ALL of your children, grandson.”

“Great, just great!”

No comments:

Post a Comment